If you own a small business or a startup, have no programming knowledge and want to get selling online now, Ecwid is what you are looking for. There are many time and money saving advantages of using Ecwid to create your online store.
There is no need to hire a programmer and it literally takes ten minutes to set up and get on any website and Facebook. These Ecwid reviews will help you know if Ecwid is the right choice for your eCommerce needs.
TEN MINUTE SETUP
Integrating your new store to your existing website and Facebook page is just as quick as setting it up. If you do not have a website you can use Ecwid’s default starter site to sell online without having to set up and pay for hosting or a domain name.
AN EXTENSIVE FREE VERSION
Ecwid’s is based upon a freemium business model meaning it is free to use the product and once you fall in love with it (and you will quickly) you can increase your inventory and unlock some incredible paid features at a very low monthly cost.
Let’s do a quick breakdown of how much it normally costs to open a webstore. We are going to use WordPress with Woocommerce for this example because it is probably the most commonly used by small businesses around the globe.
Firstly, you would have to buy a domain name (about 10$ per year) with an SSL to protect your store (between 90 and 400$ per year minimum). Depending on your knowledge, you can either learn how to install WordPress yourself and set up a Woocommerce store or pay someone else to do it (about 1,000$ to 5,000$ plus, depending on the number of products you want to upload for a small business). To this, we can add annual update fees to backup and update your Woocommerce site and plugins (let’s say 500$ a year).
So, to create a Woocommerce store with WordPress, it could initially cost you between 1,100 and 5,500$ and then yearly fees around 500$ to maintain and update (unless you are doing it yourself).
Doing the same with Ecwid, is Free (for up to 10 products). You can buy your domain name and install WordPress if you want. But instead of using Woocommerce, you could install the Ecwid WordPress plugin! Your SSL is included in this case.
It is much easier to work with an Ecwid store backend than a Woocommerce backend so you won’t have to hire a programmer! You can also contact Ecwid directly if you have any questions, they are always there to lend a hand. No need to install updates or do any backups either. Ecwid is an SaaS (software as a service) meaning it is continually being improved and updated by a hard working, dedicated team.
With a free Ecwid account, you will get a mobile optimized shop in which you can add up to ten products and two categories. Use it to sell anywhere you wish online without having to switch between multiple backend dashboards.
The following sections are an overview of some of the key features available with a free account:
- Languages: The front-end translates into over 40 languages including: Brazilian, Portuguese, Chinese, Danish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese. The seller backend is translated into: English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Hungarian, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Korean, Catalan, Romanian, Brazilian and Portuguese.
- Responsive: 100% responsive on desktop and mobile.
- Security: SSL protection included, even for free accounts.
- Data analysis: Easy Google Analytics integration.
- Payment methods: Ecwid offers a ton of payment options including Paypal
- Shipping options: Automatic shipping options include: USPS, UPS, Fedex, Canada Post, EMS, Russian Post, Brazil Correios and MDS Collivery. You can also create a personalized shipping table, choose flat rate shipping costs or offer local pickup.
- Checkout process: Quick and automated with various email notifications that you can customize (HTML editor). Email notifications include order confirmation, order status changed, order shipped, successful registration, password reminder, download e-goods (available in Venture accounts and higher) and other admin notifications.
- Tax settings: You can quickly and easily create your own tax settings by local area (State/Province) or Country.
- Currency: Choose from hundreds of different currencies available.
- Social media: Ecwid is compatible with Twitter cards and offers the possibility to sell directly through Facebook! Check out Chapter 2 part 2.5 to learn how to integrate your Ecwid store to Facebook.
- Ease of use: One of Ecwid’s strongest points is it’s incredible user interface that offers a smooths experience.The platform is well organised and in flat design making it super quick to learn and very enjoyable to use.Social media: Sell directly through Facebook!
- Product variants: Ecwid supports various selection options such as custom text fields and dates.
A Time and Money Saving Business Tool
Ecwid is an incredible sales platform for anyone with little programming knowledge or a small ecommerce budget looking for a professional store. Ecwid will save you a ton of money.
- No website or a domain name necessary
- No need for any web hosting or SSL
- Unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth – for Free
- The paid versions of the product are very cheap for what they offer, especially compared to Ecwid’s competition.
- 5-minute setup
- Ecwid is a very intuitive solution which will save you time on learning how it works and eventually teaching it to your staff
- Easily plug your Ecwid store into any website
An innovative product:
- Ecwid is a SaaS (software as a service) so the product is constantly updated without you having to install or modify anything.
- You can sell on Facebook!
- They have an API: developers can create apps available in Ecwid’s app market allowing you to take your store even further.
Paid Options that Take your Store to the Next Level
The free version more than does the job but if you wish to offer coupon codes, use Stripe, view abandoned carts, offer downloadable products, sell on other marketplaces or benefit from their live chat for extra help, then you need a paid account. Check out Chapter 3 for an indepth overview of Ecwid’s top paid features.
Top Venture Plan Features
A venture plan currently costs 15$ per month and includes some incredible features making it the plan with the highest value for small business looking to increase their online revenue.
Discount Coupon Codes
Another awesome feature in the venture plan is the ability to offer discount coupon codes. Offering coupon codes os great way to reward loyal customers, to encourage action or to encourage offline buyers to purchase online for example. To create a discount coupon, head over to the Promotions tab and click on Discount Coupons. Click on New Coupon and start adding your offer. Choose the name of your coupon and the code. You can offer a percentage discount or a currency value.
Click on no limits for an extensive amount of extra options that will allow you to refine for whom your discount code is available, which products or categories it is applicable on and for how long. You may also chose to limit the use of your coupon code by product or by category, and this for all customers or repeat customers only.
Sell Downloadable Goods
You may have noticed you can sell downloadable products with any paid plan in Ecwid. You could sell eBooks, your own icons, logos, templates, bits of code, software, photos, music, video files, video games and customizable products. Pretty much sell anything you can download! Click on the Files tab when creating a product in Ecwid and upload your downloadable product. Your client will automatically receive their product once their payment is sent to you.
Business Plan Top Features
A business plan currently costs 35$ per month and includes features that can help your Ecwid store gain even more traction. This plan has the highest value for small or medium sized business looking to increase their offline exposure.On top of all the features in the Venture plan, you can enjoy selling on other marketplaces, offering wholesale pricing to customer groups.
The order editor allows users to update existing orders by editing the customer’s details (name, email address) and changing SKU numbers for example. You can also delete discounts, change shipping and tax options. You can also add items to your clients.A few other awesome business plan features include the ability to edit already placed orders, inventory tracking and phone support.
One of the Business plan’s top features is the ability to checkout unfinished sales. These unfinished sales are orders that were started by customers but never actually paid. In the following example we can see that there are over 325$ of unfinished sales just sitting there.
You could let those 325$ go, or be proactive and make some easy sales.You can approach the problem by contacting your client a week or so after they did not complete their purchase or by sending your client a personal email. Be genuine and ask for constructive feedback. Download this free eBook for an unfinished sale email template you could send to your clients.
Unlimited Plan Top Features
An unlimited plan currently costs 99$ per month. This offer goes far beyond small business needs and is mostly interesting for medium to larger sized companies looking for high-end customizations. As the name of the plan suggests, your business can upload an unlimited amount of products to Ecwid and sell them in multiple places across the web. The top features of this offer are the Square integrations and custom store apps. This offer also includes 12h of custom development.Don’t miss out on these incredible opportunities that you can enjoy by having a paid Ecwid account.
EASILY CREATE AN ECWID STORE TODAY
CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW!